Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Am Leaving (Part Two)

I am Leaving (part two)


Rise up in me oh Lord,

This feeling of the fire

An untamable passion

Burning for Your hearts desire


That I might become

An endless blazing inferno
That no obstacle or force

Can stop me where You go


That I might see Your word

That I might life my life

That I could boldly serve

A life no one should deserve


And of the suffering I’ll face

And the torments ever before me

To life my life with Your grace

For all the world to see


Rest upon my shoulders

Oh the Holiest of spirits

To control my life fully

Though not I will gain the merit.


And rise up others also

For when I am here to leave

For we all need the burden

That this dark world would believe


And if my time is shorter than

The hour I first believed

Than show me the glorious road

And the mansions you foretold!


And Your face, oh Lord, Your face

Which no eye has ever seen

Shine upon my heart your Light,

So Your face, they’ll see on me.


My blessings I have counted

And though the loss is great to bear,

But the fact joy is in serving You

This world, could never compare.


I am leaving,

One day I’m leaving,

And my heart has already left

for the joys of this world are gone

And You are all that I’ve got left.


I said I’m leaving

Though my work has just begun


My body will be called up

Only when He tells me

“Good and faithful servant,

Your work here on earth is done.”


Greg Butz


Well this is my second installment of the "I am Leaving Series". The first being the "Until the Journey Ends" which you could find in a previous month. Anyway, I've been hitting my devotions really hard over the past few weeks, and I'm learning a tremendous amount of things in my life. I've become quite radical in my outlook... so things are definitely changing for me! Enjoy this poem, I mean every word of it!



0 comments: